Bulgarian stew - Ivanova Elisaveta
35 minutes + 2 hours simmering
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 500 g diced pork tenderloin
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 leeks, sliced into rings
- 5 medium-sized sliced mushrooms
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 diced red sweet pepper
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, in pieces
- ½ glass white wine
- ½ glass sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make a dry rub from the cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Rub thoroughly into the pork tenderloin.
2. Heat half the sunflower oil in a frying pan with a thick bottom and brown the diced pork on all sides. Add the wine to deglaze the pan, lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil and fry the onions, mushrooms, sweet pepper and carrots for about 5 minutes. Pour ½ cup of water into the pan and sauté on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add the sliced tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer all the ingredients to an oven-proof pan, add the leeks and allow to simmer in the oven for 2-3 hours.
4. Sprinkle some more parsley on top and serve with rice.